The Heart of Winter has been transformed into a multi-level night club and is hosting a party for guests from across the realms. Looking down over the massive, multi-tiered space is Mab, sat upon her throne in a garden of ice and attended by the assembled Lords and Ladies of Winter at the Queen’s Table.
Fey social gatherings are deadly contests of politics, prestige, and scrupulously polite betrayals. The rules of indebtedness are suspended as all invited guests are subject to the host’s hospitality and under their protection, which frees up party-goers to be just as conniving and duplicitous as they wish without risking planes-ending feuds. Every guest’s ultimate goal is to be publicly recognized by the host.
Your objective is to get from the party’s entrance to the Queen’s Table by impressing enough party-goers that the queen would lose face by rejecting your audience. There are several distinct areas within the space, in which various opportunities to gain prestige are available. Any combination of party members may attend each area, but each one can only be visited by the party once and you may not have time to visit them all. Magic, slight of hand, trickery, deception and cheating are not only encouraged but expected, but outright lies – especially clumsy ones – are considered gauche.
- 5-20: An audience with Mab with disadvantage on all charisma checks
- 21-30: An audience with Mab
- 31 or more: An audience with Mab with advantage on all charisma checks
- Each time you are caught in an outright lie costs you -3 prestige points
- You may eat and drink freely
- Rules of indebtedness (the obligations from giving or receiving thanks, gifts, advice, and other debts) are suspended for invited party-goers
- The Bar
- The Lounge
- The Gaming Pit
- The Dance Floor
- The Fighting Ring